Hanover Motorcycle Accident Lawyers, York County, PA
Caring representation for injured motorcycle riders in South Central Pennsylvania
Motorcycles are appealing because they are fuel efficient, less expensive than cars, and fun to drive. Many riders enjoy the feel of the motorcycle while they ride along Pennsylvania’s scenic roads. Many motorcycle enthusiasts share their passion with other riders. While there are joys to motorcycle riding, there are also risks. Motorcycle accidents are all too often deadly or catastrophic.
At KGB Injury Law, our Hanover motorcycle attorneys have been strong advocates for motorcyclists for over three decades. We are respected for our ability to thoroughly prepare your case and advocate for you in and out of court. We settle many motorcycle accident claims for the insurance policy limits, but are always ready to argue your claim for economic damages and personal damages (including pain and suffering) before a jury. We work with numerous professionals such as product safety experts, investigators, and your physicians to help prove liability and the severity of your injuries.
How can we help?
- Why are motorcycle accidents so deadly?
- What are common motorcycle accident injuries?
- What are the main causes of Hanover motorcycle accidents?
- What are the most common types of motorcycle crashes?
- What are Pennsylvania’s motorcycle safety laws?
- Who is responsible for my Hanover motorcycle accident?
- What is the value of my motorcycle accident claim?
- Is there a motorcycle accident lawyer near me?
Why are motorcycle accidents so deadly?
- Three-quarters of motorcycle accidents involve other vehicles and only one-quarter involve just the motorcycle.
- Motorcycle riders usually have less than 2 seconds to avoid an accident.
- The NHTSA states that deaths on bikes occur some 28 times more frequently than in any other vehicle.
The primary reason that motorcycle accidents are so deadly and catastrophic is that, unlike cars and trucks, motorcycles don’t provide any physical protection for the riders. All motorcycle owners should take education courses to reduce the risk of accidents. When motorcycle accidents do happen, our seasoned Hanover lawyers have the experience and resources to help victims obtain justice.
What are common motorcycle accident injuries?
Our Hanover motorcycle accident lawyers work with your physicians to show what type of injuries you have, what care you need now and will need for the rest of your life, and why your injuries are causing you so much pain. We work with independent physicians if your treating physicians are not providing you the help you need.
We represent motorcycle accident victims who suffer life-altering catastrophic injuries, permanent injuries, and injuries that may heal over time and proper medical care, including:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Amputation injuries
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Muscle damage
- Shoulder, neck, and back injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma, like post-traumatic stress disorder
Road rash is an injury common to motorcyclists and their passengers. Infections are common, and many victims require skin grafts and plastic surgery.
In the worst cases, a motorcycle rider dies in an accident. When someone’s negligence causes the death of loved one, we file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the family members. Damages can include funeral and burial costs, lost income and benefits the decedent would have earned, and the personal losses suffered by the spouse, parents, and children.
What are the main causes of Hanover motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle crashes are usually due to one or more of the following types of negligence:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right of way to a motorcycle operator
- Driving too fast for weather or traffic conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Potholes, roadkill, and unlevel road surfaces
What are the most common types of motorcycle crashes?
Most motorcycle accidents can be divided into one of the following categories:
- Turning accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Defective motorcycle parts
What are Pennsylvania’s motorcycle safety laws?
Pennsylvania law provides that motorcycle riders under 21 must wear protective headgear. Helmet use for riders 21 and older is optional, provided they have had a motorcycle license for two years or if they have completed an approved motorcycle education course. All riders including passengers must wear eye-protective devices. Lighted headlamps are also required.
Generally, passengers of all ages are eligible to ride on a motorcycle provided the motorcycle is equipped with a passenger seat and footrests. Motorcycle operators can ride two abreast but cannot share a lane (lane-split) with a car or truck. Motorcycles must be inspected regularly.
Who is responsible for my Hanover motorcycle accident?
At KBG Injury Law, we file motorcycle accident claims against all responsible defendants, including:
- The drivers of any vehicles that struck you.
- The owners of any vehicles that struck you, if different than the driver.
- The manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of any defective parts, if the defect caused the accident.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation or any other entities responsible for designing, maintaining, or repairing the roadway where the accident occurred.
- A seller of alcohol (such as a bar or hotel) if the driver who caused the accident was served liquor when they were visibly intoxicated. Sellers may also be responsible for accidents if they served a minor who later causes a motorcycle accident.
We work aggressively to show how your accident happened and why the defendants are responsible.
What is the value of my motorcycle accident claim?
At KBG Injury Law, our Hanover motorcycle accident attorneys fight for every dollar you deserve. We understand all the ways your life is changed by your injuries, and work to secure compensation for all your financial losses and all your personal losses. Victims of motorcycle accidents are allowed to recover their full losses under the law, including:
- Medical bills, like ambulance costs, ER care, surgeries, doctor visits, physical therapy, emotional counseling, assistive devices, and medications.
- Lost income included lost wages and profits, lost benefits, and future income loss due to a disability.
- Your daily physical pain and emotional suffering.
- The emotional consequences of any scarring or disfigurement.
- The inability to enjoy and participate in life activities as you did before the accident.
- Loss of consortium because the injuries affect the marital relationship.
As discussed earlier, we also file wrongful death claims if a loved one tragically died due to the negligence or fault of others.
Is there a motorcycle accident lawyer near me?
KBG Injury Law is located at 250 York Street in Hanover, PA. We are just a few minutes away from York County district courts. We are conveniently located near Pennsylvania Routes 94, 116, 194, and 216. We also have locations throughout South Central Pennsylvania.
Get answers from a respected Hanover motorcycle accident lawyer today
At KBG Injury Law, we understand the life-changing nature of motorcycle accidents. Our injury attorneys can answer your questions, explain your rights, and fight for the full compensation you deserve. We work aggressively to hold the responsible defendants liable for your injuries or the death of a loved one. Contact us today – initial consultations are free. You can call us at 717-848-3838 or fill out our contact form. We have offices in Hanover, York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, and Gettysburg. We compassionately represent accident victims across South Central Pennsylvania.