Free Consultation

No fee unless we recover compensation for you

Learn More

We take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that if there is no monetary recovery, you owe us nothing for our services. In most cases, Katherman, Briggs & Greenberg will advance the expenses of the case and will wait to be reimbursed until the conclusion of the case.

There is no charge for your initial consultation with a Katherman, Briggs & Greenberg personal injury attorney. This allows you to explore your options and determine whether moving forward with your case is the best decision for you on a risk-free basis. An initial consultation is the all-important first step to getting the results you deserve.

Request a
Free Consultation

Do I Need to Report My Car Accident to My Insurance Company?

Reporting a car accident to your insurance company is a must for many reasons. In fact, it should be your first priority after getting medical attention for anyone who may have been seriously hurt, exchanging contact and insurance information with the other driver and then talking to your doctor to see if you have suffered any type of injury. These are just a few of the reasons why this is so important.

Reporting a Car Accident to Your Insurance Company

While it is important to get in touch with your insurance carrier after a car accident, you can do it once you get back home or the next day. You might need a little time to deal with the trauma of the wreck, and that is understandable. However, you need to contact your provider as soon as you can.

For example, your car might have suffered extensive damage, and you will need a rental while your vehicle is being repaired. Depending on the type of coverage you purchased, your carrier may pay for the cost of the rental — but they obviously cannot do so until you notify them of the accident.

Getting in touch with your insurer will also be important if you have suffered any sort of injury. Again, depending on the kind of coverage you have, your carrier might help pay for your medical bills. Reporting a car accident to your insurance company will be vital even if there was little to no property damage and you feel fine. There are many types of injuries suffered in vehicle accidents that can take a long time to develop. If you do not promptly report the accident to your provider, you might find it difficult to obtain the compensation for medical expenses to which you are entitled.

Contact KBG Injury Law

While there are many instances where people can take care of reporting a car accident to their insurance company on their own, there are other times where you might need the help of an attorney. If, for example, your insurer refuses to pay your claim, an attorney can work to make sure your rights are protected. Learn more about how KBG Injury Law may be able to help you by contacting us online or calling 717-848-3838.