Motorcycles are hugely popular. Many riders love the feeling of freedom and the sheer power of these machines. It does not hurt that many celebrities talk about their love of motorcycles. While these vehicles may have impressive engineering, accidents involving them can be catastrophic.
Understanding Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles are highly flexible and can maneuver around obstacles, which is why many riders feel safe on them. However, they also have hazards. Due to their smaller size, they may be overlooked by other vehicle operators, and the two wheels may be less stable and more prone to slides. Motorcycles are also more likely than trucks and cars to be impacted by potholes and debris on the road.
If you are on a motorcycle and get into a collision, there are many reasons why the injuries may be devastating:
- Not all riders wear helmets, creating a risk of head injury
- Most vehicles on the road are larger and carry more force, putting motorcycle riders at a disadvantage in a crash
- Since riders are not encased, they are easily thrown from their motorcycles in a crash
- Riders do not have the seat belts, airbags and other protective safety features car passengers enjoy
- Since the fuel tank is not as protected as in a car, fuel fires are a possibility
- The two-wheel structure creates a high probability that a motorcycle will tip over or go into a slide during a collision, increasing the risk of injury
Do I Really Need Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Lebanon?
Even with all the dangers of motorcycle crashes, many riders assume they are covered by their insurance. After all, motorcycle owners pay premiums every month. Unfortunately, due to the high costs involved in a motorcycle accident, your insurance caps may not cover all your medical bills and property damage.
Working with an attorney means seeking compensation so you do not have to pay more than you need to out of pocket. An attorney can also provide you with answers about the cause of the accident and can work to keep the insurance carrier transparent and honest when handling your claim. While you are injured, your attorney can handle many of the details of the claim, so you can focus on your health.
When Should I Contact Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Lebanon?
Once you have gotten medical help, you may want your next call to be to an attorney. It is never too early to have an attorney review your insurance policy and start working with you to develop a plan to recover fair compensation for your injuries.
With more than 30 years of experience in central Pennsylvania, KBG Injury Law has helped many motorcycle riders get fair settlements for their injuries. Our goal is simple — to reduce stress on you by handling the details while we pursue the best settlement possible in your case. Contact KBG Injury Law for a consultation to find out what we can do for you.