Call KBG

Email KBG

No fee unless we recover compensation for you

Learn More

We take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that if there is no monetary recovery, you owe us nothing for our services. In most cases, Katherman, Briggs & Greenberg will advance the expenses of the case and will wait to be reimbursed until the conclusion of the case.

There is no charge for your initial consultation with a Katherman, Briggs & Greenberg personal injury attorney. This allows you to explore your options and determine whether moving forward with your case is the best decision for you on a risk-free basis. An initial consultation is the all-important first step to getting the results you deserve.

Request a
Free Consultation

How Do I File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?

There are several steps you will take to file a workers’ compensation claim:

  • When you sustain a work injury, ask someone at work to contact emergency medical services if the injury is serious, is an emergency or if you may have suffered a head injury.
  • Start the documentation process as soon as possible. Take note of when the injury occurred and keep records of your expenses as well as treatments and symptoms.
  • Report the injury as soon as you can. Follow the rules of your workplace to formally report the injury to your manager, supervisor or other correct authority in your workplace.
  • If you would like support through the claim process, you may also wish to contact an attorney early on in the filing process.

Once you have reported the injury, your employer and their insurance company are responsible for ensuring a Notice of Compensation Payable and Statement of Wages is filled out by the insurance company and gets filed with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.

You will get a copy of this documentation. When it arrives, be sure to keep it for your records and review it carefully for any mistakes. You want to make sure the description of your injury, your work position and employment details and your wages are correct. If they are not, you may not get the benefits you should get for your injury. If the information on the form is inaccurate or if you cannot get a copy of your Notice of Compensation Payable and Statement of Wages, contact a workers’ compensation attorney.

You will eventually get either a notice of denial or your benefits. If your claim is denied, contact KBG Injury Law for a free consultation. If you get benefits but they are less than you expect or if your checks are ever late, contact us for a free consultation. Our attorneys can work to strengthen your claim and can work to make sure you get your rightful benefits.

Keep an eye out for letters regarding your benefits. You may eventually get letters regarding your workers’ compensation benefits. It is important to hold onto these letters and to respond appropriately. For example, if you get a notice about a vocational interview, medical examination (IME) or impairment rating evaluation (IRE), keep in mind that all these evaluations can be used to reduce or stop your benefits. You must not ignore these requests, but you will also want to work with a workers’ compensation attorney to ensure your benefits are protected.