Call KBG

Email KBG

No fee unless we recover compensation for you

Learn More

We take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that if there is no monetary recovery, you owe us nothing for our services. In most cases, KBG Injury Law will advance the expenses of the case and will wait to be reimbursed until the conclusion of the case.

There is no charge for your initial consultation with a KBG Injury Law personal injury attorney. This allows you to explore your options and determine whether moving forward with your case is the best decision for you on a risk-free basis. An initial consultation is the all-important first step to getting the results you deserve.

Request a
Free Consultation

When Am I Covered by the Heart and Lung Act?

When Am I Covered by the Heart and Lung Act?

You are covered by the Pennsylvania Heart and Lung Act if you are a qualified civic worker, such as a police officer, firefighter or another qualified worker, who has been injured in the line of duty. You will receive workers’ compensation benefits paid through your employer. Your employer will also pay additional monies so you receive your full base salary.

As long as you are a qualified worker and your injury is temporary, you will receive Heart and Lung Act benefits until you are able to return to work. If you have not been permanently injured, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation or other benefits.

When Are You Covered?

While you have time off and are recovering and receiving benefits under the Heart and Lung Act, your employer and their workers’ compensation insurance company will be responsible for your medical costs as well as your base pay. If you need to take sick leave, this will not be counted as time off for the Heart and Lung Act benefits.

Under Heart and Lung Act coverage, your employer is not legally obligated to maintain vacation pay or regular benefits during your time after your work injury. However, many employment agreements keep these benefits active for you.

Do You Have Questions?

Determining how and when you are eligible for Pennsylvania Heart and Lung Act coverage can be challenging, especially if your employer is saying you do not qualify for benefits or is trying to delay or deny benefits you feel you are qualified for.

If you have been injured at work, contact KBG Injury Law for legal representation in your Heart and Lung Act claim or workers’ compensation claim. The attorneys at KBG Injury Law can represent you to give you the best chance of securing benefits for your injuries.

During this challenging time, our attorneys are advocating more than ever. While our physical offices are closed, we are all working remotely to ensure you still get the Results You Deserve. To all of our current clients, you can connect with us the same way you always do via email, phone, fax or text. To all of our prospective clients, the best way to get in touch with us is by using our contact form or by calling (800) 509-1011